The benefits of exercising on a rebounder / mini trampoline are astonishing and have been promoted significantly within the last decade. It is a unique exercise in which a weightless state is achieved at the top of each jump and then land with twice the force of gravity on each bounce. This shift in gravity benefits every muscle and cell of the body and provides huge benefits to the lymph system.
Rebounding is great for a cleanse and as a maintenance programme as it:
- strengthens the glandular system
- helps to increase circulation and oxygen flow – ‘chi’
- conditions and strengthens the heart which allows the resting heart to beat less often
- it provides an extremely effective ‘no impact’ exercise
- it increases metabolism which assists the body in burning more calories
- increases the performance of both the heart and the circulatory system
- stimulates the flow of lymph fluid through the lymphatic system
- enhances digestion, relaxation, sleep patterns, nerve impulses and muscle fibre
When purchasing your rebounder, you will receive a guide of rebound exercises. Start off with the health bounce and progress from there.
The “health bounce” is performed for two to three minutes once or twice a day. In the health bounce, stand on the trampoline and lightly move your heels up and down. Your feet remain in contact with the base. To increase the challenge of the bounce as you progress, move your heels from side to side in a twisting motion.
It is recommend to do the health bounce before and after all rebounder exercises to warm up and cool down from your workout.
The main thing to remember while performing rebounding exercises, is that you need to stay within your own personal balance and intensity levels. Remember that you are off of the ground and if you accelerate above your fitness levels, you could fall off of the rebounder and seriously hurt yourself.